Much of the research in Architecture Mining is performed by PhD students and graduating projects in both the graduate (MSc) and the undergraduate schools (BSc).
Past PhD students:
- Leo Pruijt (promotion date: Nov 25, 2015) “Instruments to Evaluate and Improve IT Architecture Work“. Leo’s dissertation focuses on software architecture conformance checking based on dependencies in source code. In his work, we classified many different dependencies, such as class usage, and external variables and methods. His work resulted in the tool HUSACCT.
- Erik Jagroep (promotion date: Sept. 18, 2017) “Green Software Products“. With Erik we focused on energy consumption of software: what are the guzzlers in my software? In his work, we developed tools and methods to measure energy consumption of software based on software operation data.
Current MSc. students:
- Mitchell van Winsum, on “a tenancy perspective”
- Koen Schellens, on “a privacy perspective”
Past MSc. students:
- Bart van Wensveen (2020), on “Estimation and Analysis of the Quality of Event Log Samples for Process Discovery”. (thesis)
- Pratik Kushawa (2020), on “Artifact Centric Dynamic Software Architecture Reconstruction. (thesis)
- York Senior (2020), on “Privacy by design: Embedding privacy into the software development life-cycle”. (thesis)
- Roel de Gauw (2019), on “Capturing Software Architecture Design Rationale Through Decision Stories”. (thesis)
- Maud Stigter (2019), on “How to learn to model”. (thesis)
- Tijmen de Jong (2019), on “From Package to Process: dynamic software architecture reconstruction using process mining”. (thesis | publication)
- Bram Knols (2019), on “Measuring the Behavioral Quality of Log Sampling”. (thesis | publication)
- Jan van Rhijn (2019), on “Simulation-based Cost Analysis for Distributed Systems”. (thesis)
- Teun Kooijman (2019), on “A Model for Software Development Team Performance”. (thesis)
- Nick Jansen (2019), on “Exploring interactive application landscape visualizations based on low-code automation” (thesis)
- Jeremy Loppies (2019), on “Towards a process-oriented ADL for specifying communication flows in BPMS application landscapes”. (thesis)
- Jasper Scholte (2018), on “Towards IIoT Security Monitoring Automation: Fitting Novel Solutions on Characteristic Challenges”. (thesis)
- Thomas Ipskamp (2018), on “A graph-based approach to capture software behavior in architecture”. (thesis)
- Jordy Broekman (2017): Green software: the awareness awakens. (thesis | publication, publication).
- Matthijs Dabroek (2017): Scalable and reuse-oriented data integration: a distributed semi automatic approach (thesis).
- Pim de Jong (2017): Reasoning on Architecture Design (thesis | technical report).
- Sander Klock (2017): Workload driven feature clustering to improve performance of a microservice architecture. (thesis | publication).
- Jan Kramer (2017): A blockchain-based micro economy platform for distributed infrastructure initiatives (thesis | publication).
- Robert van Langerak (2016): Uncovering the runtime enterprise architecture of a large distributed organisation – A process mining oriented approach (thesis | publication).
- Rens Rooimans (2017): Architecture mining with ArchitectureCity (thesis)
- Joeri Peters (2016): An approach to discovering architectural patterns in software (thesis | publication, publication).
- Jasper Schenkhuizen (2016): Consistent inconsistency management: a concern-driven approach. (thesis | publication).
- Courtney Schriek (2016): How a simple card game influences design reasoning: a reflective method. (thesis | publication).
- Evert Eckhardt (2015): Implementing a case-handing system: supporting the design process. (thesis).
- Erwin Kaats (2015): Automated functional architecture generation using process discovery (thesis | publication).
- Thomas van Leeuwen (2015): Improving the process improvement process. (thesis).
- Anton Sougalsky (2015): decision support model for choosing a cloud solution. (thesis).
- Ruvar Spauwen (2015): Quality metrics for sustainability: the operational energy use of application software. (thesis | publication).
- Stijn van Esveld (2014): Rationalizing the application portfolio from a functional architecture perspective. (thesis).
- Rick Hoving (2014): How to make the SOK fit web applications? (thesis).
- Garm Lucassen (2014): Dynamics of Software Product Management & software architecture. (thesis | publication).
- Gerard Nijboer (2014): Briding the gap between software platforms: a template model for software evolution. (thesis | publication).
- Sebastiaan Tammer (2014): Engineering an implementation method for data warehousing by applying the method assocication approach. (thesis).